To Hear and to Obey

'So faith comes from hearing the Good News, and people hear the Good News when someone tells them about Christ.' Romans 10:17 (NCV)

Open our eyes this morning to seeing more truth about how the Good News is shared through hearing. It is shared in the way that God intended. Preachers share the message. People hear what is being said and then they can see it. Those that hear the message can see it when they can understand what they have heard. Hearing leads to seeing. Seeing is knowing. How can I know something if I have not been told? How can I understand anything unless someone first teaches me. I am listening. Show me Your ways Lord.

The life of Christ reveals the truth about my life and the world that I live in. I ought to get to know Him better. Whenever I hear about a certain Truth I will respond. My faith comes from that. What is faith? Simple enough. What I hear I can then decide to believe or not. So what I hear I might even believe. When I believe I might obey and also call upon the Lord. So then when I call upon Jesus He might come and save me.

Jesus saves. That's how it works. Sometimes saved, sometimes not. Sometimes planting seeds. That's how God has decided to get the Word out. A lot of someones. Someone that knows Him working together with everyone else. Someone that loves Him talking to someone else about His great love for us all. And sometimes someone hearing will obey. You can't find anything that brings more joy than playing a part in winning a soul to Christ. Just share your faith. What we believe, we will do and more doing builds our faith.

Dear Father. I pray for the lost. I pray for those that do not know You. Thank You for sending someone that reached me with the Good News of Christ. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for the preachers and the teachers and all the someones that have been saved and that are Your instruments and that have been commissioned by You to get the message about Christ out. Bring us back to You Lord. All of us. None lost. None sick. Send them to us so that we might share our testimony about the Good Word. Your Church is ready. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Image result for romans 10:17 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree