But Not Into Silver

'I have refined you, but not in the way silver is refined.
        Instead, I try you in the furnace of suffering.' Isaiah 48:10 (VOICE)

It is comforting to know that God does refine me. He says that He has refined me in the furnace of affliction. Not as men refine silver, for there would be nothing left of me. But instead, in a more kinder, gentler, God loves me kind of way He is melting me and He is molding me. He is making me into something new. He is stretching me. He will secure His honor by delivering me out of the bondage that I myself have created and found myself in.

Through Him I have found freedom. Through Jesus, I have been made clean. He delivered me from my sin and from myself so that He could use me as His instrument. I am now His, an instrument of praise. I was created to worship Him. As He has suffered, it was also His plan to put me through the suffering for His own sake all along. For the sake of the Glory of His Grace He saved me. I have passed the test of the afflicted. I have been tested and put through the fire and He has purified me. He has melted me and molded me so that I might see more clearly the things that break His heart.

Oh no. Not now, and not in a way to bring us pain Lord. But yet, break our hearts to what breaks Yours. Even now, stretch us in a way that brings You Glory!

Dear Father. Thank You for loving me enough to take me through the fire and to stay with me through those most difficult days. Thanks to You I have passed the lifetime and eternity test. I thank you for the Glory of Your Grace Jesus. I thank You for the refining Holy Spirit fire which brings on more testing. Remove all of my impure thoughts and deeds. Stretch me and use me. Save us all. Use us as your instruments of praise to bring You Glory. Amen.
Image result for isaiah 48:10 picture quote 

Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; Familylife.com; google.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree