Honey Oak to Dark Walnut

'Always be joyful. Pray continually, and give thanks whatever happens. That is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus.' 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NCV)

It wasn't a thing that you would call a joyful moment. Even though I had several joyful moments that weekend this was more likely a freak accident. There I was, in my passion and in too big of a hurry with a piece of door trim and a sanding block in hand. A potential for disaster? You wouldn't think so and I had no idea how quickly that simple act could turn into one. A piece of wood splinter went clear through my finger!  Middle finger, right hand to be precise. Ouch. Then the pain. Then the blood. Then trying to decide what to do. Pray.

Keep working. Yep. There was a lot of trim to be cleaned and stained. Honey oak to dark walnut. Then there were meals to fix and dishes to wash. Then there were things to be cleaned and packed up for the trip home. It's a work site, so we go to work. Now it is equipped with first aid supplies. Better late than never. 

At home I tried all the home remedies; epsom salt paste, triple antibiotic ointment cream, bacon, lavender essential oils, rubbing alcohol. My body was doing everything just the way God had intended; inflammation, pain, soreness, swelling. Still there was nothing much of that splinter to grab on to. My 4 a.m. meeting with God was a struggle to stay focused, especially when I stumbled upon a Youtube video that caused me concern. I decided to stay in the prayer mode and pass on my devotional. During my prayers, this scripture kept coming to mind, so with the Lord willing, I shared my devotional anyway, as planned. Take your mind off your problems, focus on Him. That is always a good winning strategy. God is good. Faith over fear.

Still nothing of that splinter to grab on to. So next day the decision was made to make a trip to the doctor. It was too deep into tissue for even him to know what to do. Of course it's going to have to come out! Surgery? So he ordered an MRI and gave me the option to wait in the waiting room while they contacted my insurance. 

During the next hour there were a half dozen people that came through that office and each one had issues. One woman in particular was so distraught, she even made the comment that she had too many things going on that she didn't think she could handle it all. Poor thing. I prayed for her. She got her B12 shot and left.  I prayed for all of those people that day. I prayed until I felt God's release and the burden was lifted. While I was praying something miraculous was happening. I knew that splinter was coming out and soon! I could just feel it. Just then something strange did happen. Two small pieces of that splinter began to come out of the wound! I could see the answer to my prayers! Thank You Jesus! I mentioned this to the receptionist when she came out to check on me.

Before I knew it I was back in the examination room describing to the doctor that the splinter was on its way out of my finger. My finger was already starting to heal. I told him to please pull it out because it was driving me crazy. My insurance company had denied the MRI request, so, doc with tweezers in hand and headlight and magnification on head painlessly pulled that splinter out with one quick skillful motion! How amazing! Instant relief! Thank you Jesus! Thank you doc!

God is good like that. How can we stay joyful in every situation? How can we stay joyful during the splinters of life? I didn't thank Him for the situation that turned into an emergency in my life, but I did find joy in Jesus on that day. Thank You Jesus that I did not have to have the splinter surgically removed. 

Dear Father. Thank You that You meet me where I am and in every situation. Thank you for making me usable and that You give me opportunities to pray and to bring You Glory. Thank you Jesus for healing me and thank You that through You I can find joy in all situations.  In Jesus name. Amen.

Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; google.com. 


Image result for medium oak to dark walnut bible quote


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree