Exploring and Examining

'Explore me, O God, and know the real me. Dig deeply and discover who I am.

    Put me to the test and watch how I handle the strain. 
 Examine me to see if there is an evil bone in me,
    and guide me down Your path forever.'
 Psalm 139:23-24 (VOICE) 

Quoting Gandhi's 10 Rules for changing the world, they are:
 1. Change yourself.
 2. You are in control.
 3. Forgive and let it go.
 4. Without action you aren't going anywhere.
 5. Take care of this moment.
 6. Everyone is human.
 7. Persist.
 8. See the good in people and help them.
 9. Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.
10. Continue to grow and evolve.

I like that. There are some grains of truth in his teachings. To change the world, Gandhi proposed that one must first change himself. World changers have to start somewhere. Easier said than done.

I have the power to change. I have the Holy Spirit and Christ living in me. If that isn't enough power, then I don't know what is. First I must be willing to change. I must first be willing to ask God to reveal what He sees in me that needs to be changed. I could send Him on an explore me mission. Then I must submit to Him and let Him change me. I doubt that I could change myself without His help. For me, it is too hard to even get started. The desire might be there, but when it comes down to it, the will is gone. Too many false starts. Too many failed tests. Too many lies of the enemy. 

That is why it is so much easier just to let God have His way and to invite Him to examine me. No time wasted. Nothing to lose but much to gain. What I lack is His gain. The philosophers of the world would have you believe that they have the answers to your problems. Lack discipline? Buy my book! Yep, I've tried that. It doesn't work. Oh, they help me for a season, and then I am right back to the same old habits that took me to them in the first place. They don't know me like my Heavenly Father does. He made me. He loves me. He has all the answers to the tests that He wants to put me through. First believe. Then trust. I think we can do this. He knows we can.

Dear Father. Examine me God and lead me down Your paths. Help me to see the things that You would change in me.  I can't do this alone. Lord change me. Help me to be more like You. Help there to be no evil in me. Help me to change the world by being the person that You created me to be. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Source: Dailygood.org; Biblegateway.com; 

Image result for be the change bible quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree