Don't Try to Hide It

'But I will always have hope
    and will praise you more and more. 

 I will tell how you do what is right.
    I will tell about your salvation all day long,
    even though it is more than I can tell. 

 I will come and tell about your powerful works, Lord God.
    I will remind people that only you do what is right. 


God, you have taught me since I was young.
    To this day I tell about the miracles you do. 

 Even though I am old and gray,
    do not leave me, God.
I will tell the children about your power;
    I will tell those who live after me about your might. 


God, your justice reaches to the skies.
    You have done great things;
    God, there is no one like you.
You have given me many troubles and bad times,
    but you will give me life again.
When I am almost dead,
    you will keep me alive.
You will make me greater than ever,
    and you will comfort me again. 


I will praise you with the harp.
    I trust you, my God.
I will sing to you with the lyre,
    Holy One of Israel. 
 I will shout for joy when I sing praises to you.
    You have saved me. 
 I will tell about your justice all day long.
    And those who want to hurt me
    will be ashamed and disgraced.
Psalm 71:14-24 (NCV)

Dear Father. Even though I am old I will teach the children about Your power as you have taught me. When the world offers disguise, I find hope in You. When the world promises denial I find justice in You. When the world teaches delay, I find that now is the time to embrace. Funny thing -the world. How it often gets it wrong. How it often offers false hopes that lead to regrets. Only You know the way to salvation and do what is right. I will seek You and Your ways. I will not try to hide it. The more time I spend in Your presence the more at peace with myself I become and the more gray hairs I seem to get. You blessed me with a great husband and we look forward to growing old together. You say that growing old is an honor. Our desire is to honor You. In Jesus name. Amen

Source: Desiringgod. org; Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; Patheos.com; google.com; Letterpile.com.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree