The Author, The Finisher, The Grace

'Do you see what this means—all these pioneers who blazed the way, all these veterans cheering us on? It means we’d better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he’s there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!' Hebrews 12:1-3 (MSG)

Keep your eyes upon Jesus. I'm singing the lyrics to that song as I pray through my prayer list this morning. Don't you know that all of the trail blazing pioneers and veterans of the Faith must have kept Him their main focus also. It's so easy to be distracted and then discouraged by the things of this world. Jesus Himself never lost sight of where He was headed. He had His eyes on the prize all along and now He is in that place of great honor, right alongside God. Warning to self: whenever you get to the place where you say you are going to do something and then don't do it, that is the time to rethink motives and to think about Him and go over that Jesus story once again.

I keep my eyes upon Jesus to remind myself how He did it. How he was able to stay on track during all of the hostility that He faced and it was all around Him. The rulers and religious leaders of His day were actually trying to kill Him. For what reason? He went around and told stories about how we should live and healed people. He broke a lot of religious rules in an effort to set people free. He told them the Truth. He presented Himself to the world in His day as the better way. Reading the stories that were written about His life fills me with hope and energy again. He is the author and the finisher of my faith.

He is the only way. Though He may leave others alone in their own sins He will correct the sins in me so that I might get closer to Him. He does it in a way that is kind and gentle. The very idea of it makes me want to pursue Him even more and to persevere life's rocky course. His patience with me promotes my holiness. These very afflictions that I face are there for my own good. So that I might slim down and lose the extra spiritual fat that I hate. So that I might rid myself of the parasites of sin. Those pesky blood suckers will suck the life right out of me if I let them.

Through it all, I am never alone to die in my darkness, but with the help of Jesus I go through it knowing that each victory over sin promotes holiness and is for my own spiritual good. Cleanse me now Lord. Turn on Your wonderful light of Grace. Show me more of Your Truth. Take me through the waters. Fill me Lord. The adrenaline is beginning to flow. My mind is set on You. I am about to sing about You and tell all the world about Your great mercies again



Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
Helen Howarth Lemmel
1918

O soul are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Savior
And life more abundant and free

Turn you eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace

Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there
Over us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conquerors we are


And turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace

His word shall not fail you, He promised
Believe Him and all will be well
Then go to a world that is dying
His perfect salvation to tell

And turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace


Image result for turn your eyes upon jesus picture quote 

  Source: Biblegateway.com; google.com; Biblehub.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree