Listening to God

'I am writing these things to warn you about those who want to lead you astray. But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.' 1 John 2:26-27 (NLT)

For I have been saved by grace through faith in Christ who died for me and that not of myself it is a gift from God which gives me eternal security in Him. When I was saved I received the anointing of the Holy Spirit and the abiding life of Christ Jesus lives in me which assures me that when I walk in spirit and in truth that I will be guided by Him in all truth and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

In walking in spirit I have an advocate with the Father and He promised me that He would send the Helper, the Holy Spirit, and He would teach me all things and remind me of everything that He has taught me. The Spirit searches out everything and shows me God's deep secrets. No one can know God's thoughts except His own Spirit. Those who aren't spiritual cannot receive these truths from God's Spirit.

I am mind, body and spirit. Jesus bought me with His death and sealed me with His Spirit. I am a temple of God and the Spirit of God dwells in me. He put His Holy Spirit in me and causes me to walk in His ways. With the Holy Spirit living inside of me I have everything that I need. The Spirit points me to Jesus and teaches me to say 'yes' to God. I should listen to God. The Spirit points me to Truth and teaches me to say 'no' to the world.

The world wants to lead me astray. 'No!' I do not need to listen to and to accept what the world has to offer nor do I need to be encouraged and taught by false teachers a false gospel. Christ says if you love me keep my commandments. Reason with me. Lean not on your own understanding. Knowing Biblical truths and being able to discern what is false is key to standing firm in this evil day. No one has seen the Father but the one and only Son, who is Himself God and is near to the Father's heart. God Himself says, 'This is my Son, whom I have chosen-listen to Him'.

Dear Father. Thank you Lord for abiding in me and for teaching me all things. I will remain in fellowship with Christ. I will abide in You Lord. In Jesus name. Amen. 

Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com.

Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree