Declaring the Sigh

'Who is there who speaks and it comes to pass,

Unless the Lord has commanded it?
   Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
That both good and ill go forth?

    Why should any living mortal, or any man,
Offer complaint in view of his sins? 

   Let us examine and probe our ways,
And let us return to the Lord. 
   We lift up our heart and hands
Toward God in heaven; 
   We have transgressed and rebelled,
You have not pardoned. 

   You have covered Yourself with anger
And pursued us;
   You have slain and have not spared.'

Lamentations 3:37-43 (NASB)

For, as long as I live there is hope. Hope lives in me. I am hopeful. What good does it do to complain? When I search my ways Lord, You show me that most of the things that I do are found to be lacking. I have transgressed and I have rebelled. I have failed You and I have sinned against You. You have allowed it and you have pursued me with Your Love, Jesus. Instead of complaining I should return to You. In this world You remind me that we are different. I know what I need to do and how to deal with my pride.

There is no one else to blame for my lack of discipline but myself Lord. I take full responsibility for my actions and for the situations that I find myself in. Simply put, I have refused to obey You. I have lacked the desire to seek Your ways. I can't seem to stay committed to anything long enough to finish it and I can see where that mistake is taking me. I have made such a mess of things.

Sins have consequences. My sins have brought out the emotional dark days and are what is behind all of my troubles. Lets search out my sins together Lord. Let's deal with every one of them. I am ready to confess them to You. I am ready to learn from my mistakes. I am ready to change and follow You. I am ready to feel that burden being lifted and breathe that sigh of relief again. Have Your way in me.

Bring me back to You. Not half way, but make it a total and a full whole-heart commitment to You. Be my hearts desire. Open my eyes. Show me Your ways. Touch my heart. See my tears. Hear my groans. Hear my sighs. Heal my diseases. Forgive me Lord.

Dear Father. Turn my heart back to You and make my prayers be what moves You. My desires are for more of You. My eyes are lifted up to You. My heart is lifted up to You. My hands are lifted up to You. I confess my sins to You and I repent. Thank You for revealing them to me and for Your pardon and forgiveness. Convert me and use me to Your Glory. Amen.

Related image 

Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; google.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree