The Love Empowered Life-Cool Drink to Dry Lips

'My beloved friends, if you see a believer who is overtaken with a fault, may the one who overflows with the Spirit seek to restore him. Win him over with gentle words, which will open his heart to you and will keep you from exalting yourself over him. Love empowers us to fulfill the law of the Anointed One as we carry each other’s troubles. If you think you are too important to stoop down to help another, you are living in deception.' Galatians 6:1-3 (TPT)

To be able to see a fault in a beloved friend is the rub. Beloved friends, aren't they like a brother or sister to me? I think so. I have a hard time seeing faults in those around me that I love. In my own situation the problem is often, how do I stay connected to them when the mission field keeps changing? I may not do as good a job as I would like in staying connected, but I try. I stay connected, just like you would, with a visit or letter or a phone call. That's my line. I love to send cards! Maybe I have two missions; music and cards! I love that.

So, for the friend that I love and see often that is unfortunately overtaken by sin, what then? I am not only to consider my own pain, but also that of others. Paul says, to the ones with Holy Spirit power, those that are empowered with Love, these are to seek and to restore. My friend might not even be aware that she has stumbled and is in bondage. Who would just sit back and watch her struggle with the weight of it? Not me. Not now. When the weight of the thing she is carrying gets to be too much, then I am called upon and directed by the Word to assist.

Assisting those I love with right motives and gentle words will help to make the exchange easier. The weaker usually never wants to admit that she has a sin problem. The stronger should never present herself to the weaker as such, but instead through Love am I to make my intentions known. Through the Love of Christ, I intend to help you get through this. You should know that you are not alone. You can trust me. I would trust that she would feel the Love of Christ and let Him work through me for I am nothing without His power and His love myself. Christ loves her and so do I. Avoiding the deceptions and knowing that I am grateful that others flowing in the Love of Christ have helped me when I was burdened with sin, then I should go and do likewise.

So, this is the way Christ has set it up for us in His Kingdom. I am to be an encourage and to go and to do all that I can to keep my brothers and sisters from stumbling under the weight of their sins and to never be a hindrance or burden to them or set them up to fail. When I see the fall, I am to be the Good Samaritan and stoop down and lift and restore the fallen. Like the Good Samaritan, I am never to think of myself as too important or should ever think that I am better than my brothers or sisters. Living with that deception is a sin in itself. But rather, consider how the one with the burden will feel when the weight of that thing has been lifted off and removed, like a cool drink to some dry lips, and what joy it will bring to my own heart to see my loved one restored! Love empowered! Hallelujah!


 Image may contain: cloud, sky, mountain, text, nature and outdoor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree