The Cardboard Gardening Method

'Plant a crop of righteousness for yourselves, harvest the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your hard soil, because it’s time to seek the Eternal until He comes and waters your fields with justice.' Hosea 10:12 (VOICE)

This spring I have noticed the farmers and everyone else with a mind to do it getting the soil ready. Yes, they are busy working on their machinery and their planters. Yes, they are doing the hard outdoor work that the lazy ones won't do. Walking the fields. Clearing the area of winter's debris. Purchasing and storing the seeds. Readying themselves physically for what lies ahead. Long days. Many stops and starts. Weather a factor. Long conversations. Weeds and bugs. Toils and strife and frustrations. Mental preparations and prayer. Making the plans and seeing to it. This is the life they choose. This is your purpose if you are up to it. This is the path of much hard work if you seek it. Productive farm operations. Sowing and reaping. Green is returning. New Life is all around us.

God loves to see His own putting in the crops. He calls some to sow the seeds of righteous, and others to reap. The workers are few. He gives the increase and we are so thankful. His desire is that none shall perish. He is merciful and has made a way that brings forth the harvest time fruit. When we seek Him daily, Christ will come as our Lord of righteousness.

He has given me His desires and His tools of the Spirit to break up the hard soil. I am to plant a field of righteousness. Right living. I return to the tool shed daily and He inspires me to lay down the cardboard in the garden of my heart to keep the weeds from sprouting. I am to turn from sin. Just because of His unfailing Love and through His mercy I labor. Hearts are softened because of His grace. Even so, He says it is time for me to seek Him. Seek Him when I may, where I can, while I wait, until the day comes when He returns to water my fields with His justice. I planted some seeds last night. Lord send the rain!

 Image may contain: plant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree