My Light Source





'The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?' Psalm 27:1
 
'Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.' Isaiah 60:1


'Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The Lord will be a light to me.' Micah 7:8

'What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?' Romans 8:31

'The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?' Psalm 118:6 (NKJV)


This morning, a thought on a theme; God's love and protection. Not just this morning, but every morning! The theme of my life is being played out right in front of me and I can see it with my own eyes. Fingers speak!

Why not find comfort in Him? Why not fill my mind this morning with thoughts of my Lord and my Redeemer? Sleep? Evasive. Overrated. So, I run to Him with open arms and invite Him into this place of sanctuary with my praises.

His gracious presence calms me. His light is my guide and His mighty power sustains me and is my source of strength. No one or nothing else will do. I've tried. All else have failed. I found. This prevails.

His promises keep me now and forever. There You are! I know You hear me. Your Spirit speak! In You I find peace and security and meaning. I shall not fear. Light! Eternal and that to be soon enough. Excellence. Dependable. Just. True. Guiding and directing. Never suspicious or demanding. The Glory! The Lord's Glory. You have risen and Your Glory is upon me! Hallelujah. Nothing but Your Love and that mingled with my faith is all I need.

Darkness is but for a little while. I contemplate hope during this season. I consider from where I have come. Out of the darkness You saved me. You have brought me out of darkness and rescued me from many things and took me to this place. Now I find my rest in You. Even now I look forward to a new day in You. Great God! I will praise Your name forever.


 Image may contain: one or more people and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree