Knowing When to Lay Your Instrument Down

I love this lesson. Is someone being led by two masters? How confusing! Who should she follow? Which one will she focus on? Who should she listen to? Life can be so distracting at times when she is challenged to deal with controlling people. It's the flesh really. Right there in front of her competing for her attention. When God isn't in it, all she can do is lay her instrument down. Who should she serve? When it gets right down to it then, the lessons she learns in the orchestra pit can be applied to life as well. The women that serves God well has learned to get her finances in order and by that she puts her spiritual house in order as well.

Why can't I serve God and money? Incompatibility. For when I do, I will be drawn to love the one and to hate the other. Love and hate are such strong emotions. What if I were able to detach and swing back and forth between the two, God and status? Don't even consider it. My desires for more and more of the one will cause me to hate and run from the other. God desires all of me, His ways are eternal and I figure that my status is on a short train to nowhere.

The long train is a life filled with God given desires and values. Those things will cause me to consider myself less and others more. Loving God more than worldly things is so rewarding. When I love God more than I love possessions, I find myself in the strangest of places. Beautiful places, really. While I am waiting for the Lord to move, I find myself among the treasures of life. I meet the loveliest people on earth. They are the ones that love me and the ones I consider my family. Money can never buy that kind of friendship.

So why then are lessons in finance given so many times in the Word of God? They reveal to me how very powerful the love of money is and that truth exposes what religion and hypocrisy might do to me if I let it. Two masters are improbable and impractical for the bond-slave of Jesus. If I am to be a woman that is set free from worldly desires, then I must agree to the conditions, to the teachings and to the life filled with the hope that Jesus promised for a better world in Heaven.

I am to think on the things of heaven, all the while knowing that having property and money is not what condemns me, it is only when I serve it. Think about it this way. When I pursue it above the other then I have failed. The Parable of the Talents teaches me that the Master gives His servants what He knows that they can handle and expects them to invest it for His Glory. When I consider what He has given me as mine, that's greedy, and I lose, because knowing that He owns it all is what sets me free to take risks and to step out in faith to use it.

Not living with the fear that I may lose it all, but with the confidence that He trusts me enough to give me what He thinks I can handle, is so uplifting. He owns it all and gives me all I need so that I might use it as tools to build His Kingdom. With the wisdom to know which master to follow I can pick up my instrument and play the part He has given me during the concert of life. I love that.

“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon [money, possessions, fame, status, or whatever is valued more than the Lord].' Matthew 6:24 (AMP)

Dear Father. Thank you for the Truths that you reveal to me every day about how I need to get my financial house in order to serve You better. I cannot serve two masters. I thank You that you supply all of my needs. I am devoted to You. I thank you for the opportunities that You give me to serve.So this day, I choose to serve You. In Jesus name. Amen.
 http://media.ldscdn.org/images/media-library/mormonads/agency-and-accountability/mormonad-two-masters-1118199-wallpaper.jpg?fbclid=IwAR01BotqXZsWHwBBKX4KsnaeaHdeZibkgeBPiMbzmEWBMrnm3BOoyJGaBH4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree