Kabod

I am prone to misjudge a person's character because I am limited by what I can see. With my eyes, I can see what you may look like, but God... Oh, yes. God judges us based on who we are. He looks at the heart. He checks our Kabod. He can see us inside and out and knows us better than we know ourselves. He values faith, fear and love. These things He plants in our hearts, where, in the natural we cannot see, but only by discernment can we know them.

Strangely enough, in God's Kingdom He often chooses to use what appears to be the least among us. So, when we pick the Saul types to lead us because they appear to be big and strong and capable, look out. Their insecurities and mental problems are showing. They put their faith in fear. They may be too wrapped up in their own problems to make any sense out of our own. Those qualities may not be what God uses to lead us to victory. He may be looking for someone with the heart of David, who will put their faith in Him. David, whom God loved, was the youngest and weakest among us with love enough for Him and faith in the weight of His Glory to overcome his fears and kill the giants he faced in life.

'But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV)


Dear Father. Thank you that You don't measure us on outward appearance alone, but that You know us and measure us based on our heart. Help me to see in others what You see and to be able to discern the Truth. Please set my faith in You loose so that I face every Goliath with courage. Make my life be about Your Love and remove the fears that keep me from sharing Your Glory with others. Keep my mind clear and focused on You. In Jesus name. Amen.


Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, child, sky, text, outdoor and nature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree