Awaken Me

'Your love, O Eternal One, towers high into the heavens.

Even the skies are lower than Your faithfulness.

Your justice is like the majestic mountains.

Your judgments are as deep as the oceans, and yet in Your greatness,
You, O Eternal, offer life for every person and animal.

Your strong love, O True God, is precious.
All people run for shelter under the shadow of Your wings.

In Your house, they eat and are full at Your table.
They drink from the river of Your overflowing kindness.

You have the fountain of life that quenches our thirst.
Your light has opened our eyes and awakened our souls.' PSALM 36:5-9 (VOICE)

Reveal Yourself to me now oh Lord, humble servant that I am. On this day and in this place I only desire to know You better. Awaken my soul. Awaken me from this weekend season of slumber. Everything about You is spelled out in this Psalm. I see You in it, through such beautiful poetic words of hope.

Sing to me how You saved me. Your justice and judgments are overwhelming as You offered Your life for me.

Sing to me how You love me. Your love and faithfulness towering high and true. Your strong love is like a shelter that I can run to and I find my security in You.

Sing to me how You provide for me. Your house is a place where I am never hungry. Your kindness is like a river overflowing it banks and I am completely satisfied in You. Your fountain of life giving water quenches my thirsty soul and I never grow old. Your light is eye opening and I am eternally grateful that You have awakened my soul, yet once again. I searched and I found You hidden in Your Word, oh Lord!

I claim it all in the name of Jesus and I thank You for Your love, forgiveness and mercy.

Image may contain: text


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree