The Goodness in Good Friday



Right there it is. The sin. The Savior. The dichotomy couldn't be made more clear. This day above all others brings me to remember where I was before I knew Him. Dead in sin is where I was and why I needed Him most. The listing of all of my sins would take a lifetime, so here are just a few reasons why I was headed for hell. Need I go on to prove that the flesh stinks? You know it. I know it. There is some bad news out there. And then the good news. 'And such were some of you'. 

My sins put Him on the Cross. Christ encourages the sinner and the unrighteous not to be deceived. Heaven was made for the righteous. We are called out from a life of sin to live a Holy life through Him. He wants us all to inherit the Kingdom of God! He is the goodness in Good Friday! Good News! Death where is your sting?

'Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God' 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (ESV)


Dear Father. I am so thankful that Jesus died for me on that cruel Cross and paid my sin debt in full. He said 'It is finished' and set me free. He restored my relationship with You, Father and by taking away my sins, proved His love for me. I will not deny Him and live to love Him now even more. You are my Good Father, Son and Holy Spirit and I adore You. In Jesus mighty name! Amen.
Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree