And Tomorrow, More of the Same

'A call to the savage beasts: Come on the run. Come, devour, beast barbarians! For Israel’s watchmen are blind, the whole lot of them. They have no idea what’s going on. They’re dogs without sense enough to bark, lazy dogs, dreaming in the sun— But hungry dogs, they do know how to eat, voracious dogs, with never enough. And these are Israel’s shepherds! They know nothing, understand nothing. They all look after themselves, grabbing whatever’s not nailed down. “Come,” they say, “let’s have a party. Let’s go out and get drunk!” And tomorrow, more of the same: “Let’s live it up!” Isaiah 56:9-12 (MSG)

How do you like that? How does that make you feel? I take this as a warning. Simple and true then, when written. Even a reminder today. For the watchmen it may be too late. If they are fat and lazy, then, who will warn them? We will. The ones with no platform to lose. The ones with nothing to gain. The ones who have been called to pray and who have answered that call. The silent majority! We are to pray for our country. You will and I will. We are to be like my dogs, with sense enough to bark at the sounds they hear at night. Their barking is my warning. There is an enemy lurking out there that is hell-bent on stealing, killing and destroying! I hear the warning. I can see what is happening to us with my own eyes. We are under spiritual attack! I am one of those in my neighborhood then, that is barking and that is willing to fast and pray for our nation because of her most grievous sins.

Dear Father, I know you hear me. If I am to pray, then:

I pray for the arts and entertainment. I pray that the messages they put out be godly and encouraging. I come against the forces of darkness and the adult entertainment industry and pray that godly examples return to the area of arts and entertainment again.

I pray for business. I pray that men and women in business be Kingdom minded. I pray that all economic increase be healthy and for personal wealth to increase and for the welfare state mentality to cease. I pray that all gain through unlawful and ungodly business ventures cease.

I pray for education. I pray that God be allowed back in and for godly principles to be taught in schools again. I pray that truthful history and science be taught again. I pray that all ungodly indoctrination of our children and grandchildren cease in this country. I pray for godly teachers and administrators to rise up and take back what the enemy has stolen.

I pray for families. I pray for marriage, between one man and one woman. I pray for marriages to be healed and the spirit of divorce to decrease. I pray for babies and for everyone to take a stand for life and the unborn. I pray for healthy families and for drug addictions to cease.

I pray for my government. I pray for the men and women in power. I pray that God raises up righteous leaders to be an example to us. I pray for an end to corruption in politics. I pray that the Spirit of the Lord and His Wisdom fall on my government officials today. I pray for their protection and I pray that they do all within their power to protect the least among us. I pray for an end to the national debt. I pray for honest judges and for the courts. I pray for an end to redistribution of wealth practices and eminent domain.

I pray for hospitals and health care providers. I pray that men and women of God and people of character rise up in the health care industry. I pray that all corruption and greed cease. I pray that all evil and deceit cease. I pray for an end to money hungry drug pushers and drug addiction. I pray that principled people with serving and caring hearts return to the area of health care and for health to return to this land. 

I pray for the media. I pray that godly men and women rise to the task of honest reporting. That all division cease. That news outlets use their platforms to encourage and to build up and to report the news.

I pray for religion. I pray for our churches. I pray for those that refuse to be like those that 'grab everything that's not nailed down'. I pray for a revival in this country. I pray for unity and for gospel-centered faith to continue to rise in this country. I pray for Godly men that aren't afraid to speak the truth to rise up and take their positions of leadership and for the body of Christ to return to her first Love. I pray for the clergy that aren't afraid to stay awake and to fast. I pray that the Holy Spirit be given authority again. I pray for the bride to be willing to watch and to be ready when her groom arrives. I pray for more boldness and barking from the other dogs in my neighborhood. And tomorrow? More of the same! Amen.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree