Speak Truth to Power


'War broke out in Heaven. Michael and his Angels fought the Dragon. The Dragon and his Angels fought back, but were no match for Michael. They were cleared out of Heaven, not a sign of them left. The great Dragon—ancient Serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, the one who led the whole earth astray—thrown out, and all his Angels thrown out with him, thrown down to earth. Then I heard a strong voice out of Heaven saying,

Salvation and power are established!
Kingdom of our God, authority of his Messiah!
The Accuser of our brothers and sisters thrown out,
who accused them day and night before God.
They defeated him through the blood of the Lamb
and the bold word of their witness.
They weren’t in love with themselves;
they were willing to die for Christ.
So rejoice, O Heavens, and all who live there,
but doom to earth and sea,
For the Devil’s come down on you with both feet;
he’s had a great fall;
He’s wild and raging with anger;
he hasn’t much time and he knows it.' Revelation 12:1-12 (MSG)


Overcomers! Becoming an overcomer requires me to do two things. First, I must apply the blood of the Lamb to every problem and situation that I find myself in. Salvation and power are established through the Messiah. Secondly, I must be willing to share the word of my own testimony with others. That's how to advance the Kingdom of God. He uses people like you and me. Likewise, I must do also as those before me did, those who were courageous and fought the good fight of faith with their bold testimonies and with it brought down pagan idolatry. Speak Truth to power. I could see similar victories in Jesus. I could see similar victories and even more by using these same weapons and by calling on Michael and his angels to keep fighting for me and for the Kingdom of God

I overcome by calling on the name of my defender, that which is the Lord because the enemy hates His presence and hates to hear me preach. He hates that name. Jesus. That name is powerful. Then I should use the name of Jesus and give my testimony even more. I need to continue to fight. Don't be in love with yourself. Don't love your life more they say. Take a stand somewhere against evil. By expressing my convictions I help to make them grow.. It is with my words that I spread the gospel. I must be bold in order to push back on evil and not to give the accuser anything to accuse me about.

Our struggles are real. The enemy is real. He is wild. He is raging with anger. He is about to come down on you with both feet. His fall was great. He hasn't much time and he knows it. He is vulnerable. He is defeatable. Stand your ground. Plead the blood. Give your testimony. See what the Lord's army can do for you. Our problems are not with one another. Pray fervently for one another. You just don't know what the brethren are dealing with at any one moment. Our struggles are not of flesh and blood.

'Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.' Ephesians 6:10-20 ((NIV)

Image may contain: ocean and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree