Do Not be Swayed

'Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?” Matthew 22:15-17 (NIV)

Why not make it a habit to seek Truth? First, I must remain steadfast in the Word of God to get the Truth of God inside of me. Then I must pray for the wisdom to discern the Truth in every situation. I can be a woman of integrity. I can be a woman that is not swayed by the opinions of others. Lies have led me to dead ends. Lies are desceptive spirits just watching to catch me in their trap and devour me. Lies are a waste of time and money. Truth can and always does set me free. It is not relative to the situation. It always stands no matter who says it and no matter what the circumstance. It can be counted on. It doesn't need to be defended. It can be trusted. It can be spoken in Love. I like that about Truth.

Can I discern it? Live it. Breath it. Speak it. Know it. Can I learn to just say no to the lie? Can I be so filled up with enough of what the Bible teaches that I can just reject the words that don't match up to what the Word of God says? Absolutely. I can be Spirit filled and Spirit minded enough to take my Sword of the Spirit and stab that little lie thing in Love. Then I can take my Belt of Truth in another notch. Truth always wins as my flesh gets thinner and my Spirit continues to grow fat in the faith. Everyone that had met it and experienced its power, sees it and knows it is true. Truth sets you free.

What is your opinion? Sorry, but it doesn't really matter. What does matter the most is of life or death importance and that is what Jesus did and what He said. I choose life. I am stronger because of it. I would love to tell you more. I could share my story about how you can have a relationship with Truth. The truth is, we are both miraculously made in the image of God...


 Image may contain: text that says 'HIGHER PERSPECTIVE The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself. St. Augustine'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree