Grace and Gravity

'Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.' 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT)

So the prayer remains. Heal me. The response stays the same. My grace is sufficient. There is power in your weakness. We are talking about one of the important lessons of faith. Little word, grace. Big meaning. Grace. Grace. Grace. Why have I missed it all these years?

It's not the 'me', it is the 'He'! Getting to the place where I can accept and even boast about my afflictions is not an easy road. I catch glimpses. Like yesterday. While we were surrounding another at the altar, it jumped out at me. Why my struggles? It was because they were my struggles. This was at that Holy Spirit place of worship, where the anointing was heavy and flowing, I could feel the weightlessness. Gravity was there, but I decided to see where He wanted to take me, so I held out my arms, closed my eyes and let go...at that point it felt as if I was falling backwards through the Light. This was not a game. I believed that He would catch me. As I was floating through space, answers were coming. Healing was taking place. The fear that my flesh puts on me was gone. I felt alone, among so many, just Him and me. What an awesome time in the Lord! What a great awakening. Grace working with gravity.

This awakening was in regards to the wounds. I found this quote by the 13th century Persian poet Rumi: “The wound is the pace where the Light enters.” Whoa. That is powerful. That is a new way to look at pain. Seeing that my pain is His potential really makes me rethink this whole axiom thing. All of the cracks in my armor then, are just weak places that He has super glued together with His strength! Those spots that the world looks at as broken and weak, that could drain me of my joy and my finances, are actually the strongest parts of me. Amen.

Those bad luck days are now being turned into my best luck because I am beginning to see them through the eyes of Grace as blessings and opportunities for God to intervene on my behalf. Things I could never work out on my own, He can. He took the spill I had when I was 18 at KFC, that resulted in permanent damage to my neck and used it for His Glory. Every pain brought me closer to Him. When I was ready, forty years later He took the damages and headaches and made them go away! Just like that!

He heals all of our diseases, some He works on longer than others. Some He uses to get more of His light in. I need more of His light. I need to feel that feeling of falling and let Him fill me again. Every day I need thee. Every hour I need thee. Lord, forgive me for making it more about me and for taking Your Grace for granted. Through Grace, I am learning to trust in You more. Your Grace is all that I need. It is sufficient for me. With the power of Grace, I am believing in You enough to go to my darkest places, where the pain is deepest, so that I can find You and You will heal me. Amen.


 Image may contain: plant and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree