Keep Me

'Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my concerns.

See if there is any offensive way in me;

lead me in the everlasting way.' Psalm 139:23-24 (HCSB)


Search me. My desire is to be tested. Search me God. Weigh me with Your own honest scales and determine my level of integrity. I do not fear my own heart exam. I look forward to it. Isn't it time for my soul review checkup? I know You to be a fair and honest judge. Tell it to me straight. I seek Your Holy counsel especially if the poking and the prodding and the humbling and the proving bring me back to Truth. Keep me returning to it, my favorite place.

Know me. My longing is to be in my favorite place. Every day I find myself seeking more of You. My wise counsel. You try the heart. Who knows me better than You do? Who spends more time with me than You do? You know me better than I know myself. Keep me hungry for more and always seeking You.

Test me. Put me to the test. I'm starved for more of what pleases You. If Godliness is what You desire of me then by all means have Your way and cleanse me of anything that breaks Your heart. Make me anxious for nothing when things seem too difficult. Help me to see that You never meant for me to do this alone. Make me acceptable to You. Approve me and trust me with Your precious Gospel. Sharing to bring You glory, never to please men but only You. Keep me in Your Will and Your Way.

See me. Who can discern his own faults? The weight of the thing laying there is just waiting to be revealed. Exposed and confronted. Remove the weight and keep my heart light. See me to cleanse me of all of my own hidden enemies. Keep me free from sin.

Lead me. Keep me on course. Keep me safe. Never missing a beat. Never turning away from the mission. Never tiring from doing good. Never offending others along life's merry heart way. Lead me so that I might always remember to be kind along The Way that leads to joy unspeakable and life everlasting! Keep me focused on You with each step that I take while on the straight and narrow path journey that leads me back home to You. When I take the focus off myself I have the assurance of many more prayers and revelation to come.


 Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, text and water

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree