Be 'Pressed'

'There was a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years, yet although she had paid physicians all she had to live on, she could not be healed by anyone. She approached Jesus from behind and touched the fringe of his garment. Immediately her flow of blood stopped. And Jesus said, “Who touched me?”

As everyone was denying it, Peter and those with him said, “Master, the crowds are p
ressing in and crowding you, yet you say, ‘Who touched me?’”

But Jesus said, “Someone touched me, because I know that power has gone out from me.” When the woman saw that she did not escape his notice, she came trembling and fell down before Jesus. In the presence of all the people she told him why she had touched him and how she was healed immediately. And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has saved you. Go in peace.” Luke 8:43-48 (EHV)


So be it, the constant crowds, the smells, the noise, the pressing in, the hurrying along. None can deny the tiresome drain of the work and the tedious boredom that life can have on us. None should complain when they are doing good, at least because it may lead to the one taking himself out of it. Fight the good fight of faith, even when you feel you are the only one in it. Don't give up. Just one more! Remember the one that shared their faith with you and go in peace.

For Christ, it was always about finding the one that needed Him the most. There she was, in her approach, seeing what little help she had received from so many, and the potential that was before her for so much more. She pushed forward. In her broken state, she really had nothing to lose. She had given up all hope of ever finding her freedom, until she found The Healer.

Checking herself, she made her humble, but illegal approach to Him. Luckily, no one seemed to notice. Determined, she went forth on her mission of need. She had to get to Him, even in that large crowd, to receive that which she so desired. One touch. Only the hem of His garment. And she knew. For her, it was an experience like no other, she was about to receive and to meet the God that sees her. She went to The Well that never runs dry and instantly was healed.

God sees me. Right where I am. He knows me. He knows my needs. His virtue is always applied when I humbly approach Him and even when I am just one of the crowd. He calls me out. Guilty as charged and trembling, I fall at His feet. He draws attention to me, never to expose my sins, but only to offer His hands of grace and to verify to me and the others, that at this very moment He sees me, I am not alone. The God of the universe is there. I can press in. I can find Him and He can heal me even during the seasons of being 'pressed' when no one else seems to care. 'Fear not, my daughter, only believe and your faith will make you whole.'


 Image may contain: text that says 'YOU CAN BE PRESSED' AGAINST THE SOURCE OF ALL POWER AND NOT EXPERIENCE IT BECAUSE OF HOW YOU BELIEVE AND WHAT YOU eXPECT. LUKE 8:45-48 NKJV InstaQuote'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree