For Righteousness Sake

'Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the Lord. Then Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteo
us with the wicked? What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

The Lord said, “If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”

Then Abraham spoke up again: “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five people?” “If I find forty-five there,” he said, “I will not destroy it.”

Once again he spoke to him, “What if only forty are found there?” He said, “For the sake of forty, I will not do it.”

Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?” He answered, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”

Abraham said, “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty can be found there?” He said, “For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it.”

Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?” He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.” When the Lord had finished speaking with Abraham, he left, and Abraham returned home.' Genesis 18:20-33 (NIV)


When the Lord stays behind, I can rest assured that it is because He has placed a desire in me to intercede for those awaiting judgment. Even though I am no Abraham, I can pray and I can be bold, like Abraham. He knew that God was merciful. He even said as much 'Will not the Judge of the earth do right?' I have seen God's mercy as well. God gives me an opportunity to pray for the righteous that live in the cities that are about to fall under God's righteous judgment of the wicked. Yes, God tarries long enough for me to make my appeal for the sake of fifty righteous people.

I've seen a stirring of spiritual things in our great nation. America, God is moving. The warning that is coming down from heaven through the prophets seems to be getting louder and clearer. There is no doubt that the outcry is great and the sins of her people are grievous. There is no doubt that God's messengers have been sent to inspect and assess what is going on in the land. We have been found out. We have been found sleeping. Unaware. Indifferent. Guilty! Oh that I might be bold like Abraham and make my appeal to heaven for the sake of ten righteous people.

Abraham's appeal was more like a bartering session. God listened to Him just like He listens to me. Abraham's appeal was for the righteous souls that would be swept away with the wicked in the judgment. Very specifically and very directly Abraham came forth with numbers of them; fifty, forty-five, forty, thirty, twenty, ten. With every request God came back with a positive response. God responded, 'if for their sake, I will not destroy it'. The positive responses only ended when Abraham stopped asking.

When it comes to judgment, God is just and merciful. He has a heart of love for the righteous. When my nation's heart turns cold, it needs more of Him. He wants to show me His mercy and He wants to include me in His plans. I know His love endures forever. He quits negotiating with me whenever I quit asking. So don't quit. Why would I? It's just that simple. Keep pleading. Keep praying. Keep seeking His face and believing that revival will come to America soon for the sake of us all.


 Image may contain: text that says 'The Judge of all the earth will do right. Genesis 18:25'

Comments

  1. Deb, keep on drumming, the rhythm of the heart cry of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I Love this format and how we can be a force for good to the world. My blog reaches souls in , India, Indonesia, Phillipines, Thailand, Portugal, Canada, etc with the Word of God. To God be the Glory!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree