Sorry, I'm Early

'Early in the morning, Jesus got up, left the house while it was still dark outside, and went to a deserted place to pray.' Mark 1:35 (VOICE)

3:56 am. Many of the leaders of the faith start their day early. Many business owners in the secular world do as well. Take Apple's CEO Tim Cook, 3:45, and undoubtedly the other 499 of the Fortune 500 bosses are right there with him. This is why. It's mind over mattress. Their feet hit the floor before the cock crows. It's early bird syndrome. It's what the birds seem to know, and most of the sleeping masses miss, when you beat the sun up and use the time you gain wisely, you really are ahead of most of the world. Many of the leaders of the world use this time of their day to read and answer their emails. Some go for a run and most pray. Yes, that is what they do. They pray and they meditate on the Word. That is what the Lord did. That's what Christ knew, that before He was ready to meet the masses of people that needed Him, He prepared Himself first. He kept His focus on His mission that way. He took time out of the day to be alone with the Father and that is what sustained Him.

Being alone with the Father is the Way to keep my focus on Him. The winner's mindset starts with beating the voices in my head. I want to be more like Him. When my mind wins the battle over victim and success, that's a great place to start. Why shouldn't I follow Christ's example and start my day in the dark? I could find a quiet place while there are less thoughts in my head and less distractions. When I am in control of my time this way, it starts my day on a high note and my day usually goes up from there. When I stay in charge of my inner voice it puts me in a better place to hear that still small voice. That's what really matters to me. I want to follow Christ's example and give the early morning to prayer. I want to be more like Him and rise with the dawn and find the time to meditate on His Word. I will consider it giving the first fruits back to Him, the morning is like the tithe of the day.

Health experts say, I only need six or seven hours of sleep a night anyway. More than that is just a waste of time. Getting up just one hour earlier adds 15 days to my life each year. That is a business edge, that is a spiritual gain as well. When I get up praying and exercising it is such a great way to get in tune with my creator and as I energize myself my focus and enthusiasm increases. In the moment, I can literally run away from my problems while I am running. They even seem to have a harder time catching up with me later in the day as well. That is reason enough to change my lazy head in the bed habits.

Many artists and musicians find their creativity in the morning. That's when I do my best work. It's the best time of day to study. Who knew that it was hidden from me all those years that I slept in and I didn't even know it? My breakfast is more relaxed and that nutritious meal and the calm that it brings stays with me. While everyone runs around me in the 'early morning is impractical' fog while they are trying to wake up and grab a bite and get organized, in the practical, getting up early is what makes the difference for me. With that said, the real benefits to it and the blessings are in the spiritual. In the spiritual it has changed my life for the better. Finding Him there. He never disappoints. It truly is my favorite time of day and it is specially dear to God and His angels. Sorry, I know it is annoying to some, but I'm early!


Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor, nature and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree