Plowing up All of the Rocks


' Lord, I am calling to you. Please hurry! Listen when I cry to you for help! Accept my prayer as incense offered to you, and my upraised hands as an evening offering.

Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips. Don’t let me drift toward evil or take part in acts of wickedness. Don’t let me share in the delicacies of those who do wrong. Let the godly strike
me! It will be a kindness! If they correct me, it is soothing medicine. Don’t let me refuse it. But I pray constantly against the wicked and their deeds. When their leaders are thrown down from a cliff, the wicked will listen to my words and find them true. Like rocks brought up by a plow, the bones of the wicked will lie scattered without burial.

I look to you for help, O Sovereign Lord. You are my refuge; don’t let them kill me, Keep me from the traps they have set for me, from the snares of those who do wrong. Let the wicked fall into their own nets, but let me escape.' Psalm 141 (NLT)


It is only by your grace that we are called to it in this day of evil. Evil hearts, evil thoughts, evil words and evil deeds. So the need to pray is ever present. We make our prayer sacrifice to You this morning, Lord may it be acceptable to You as the burning of incense and the upraised hands offering in Your Holy Temple.

Hear my prayer of repentance. Guard my mouth Lord, for out of it comes the overflow of the heart. One taste of the sinner's delicacies can so quickly turn into the bitterness of that thing's torment. Temptations and bakeries are everywhere. Tame my tongue. Don't let me drift but instead send my godly friends to my rescue. Give them wisdom and the tools to plow up all of the rocks. Don't let me refuse them but instead make me ready to receive their rebuke and to take their medicine kindly.

Heavenly Father, this prayer is my last hope and You are my last defense.The days are filled with evil. My life really is in your hands now. I seek your grace. Only You are Holy. Show me Your Holy ways. Prepare me for what lies ahead. Keep me humble. Deliver me from sin. Destroy the wicked. Clothe me in Your righteousness. Guard my steps. Show me a way out. Renew all the gifts of thy Holy Spirit in my heart. Sanctify me in Your Truth. In Jesus name. Amen.

 No photo description available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree