His Favorite

'So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.' Hebrews 4:14-16 (NLT)

To the One High Priest that sits on the throne I exalt You. To the One, because there is no other like You, therefore, I find no cause to shrink back from You through my inward faith or with my open confessions. Why shrink back? I have no reason to fear. I am to hold firm to what I believe. I am to hold firm to the doctrines of my Christian faith; the ones that I have in my head, the ones that I keep alive in my heart, the ones that I keep professing with my lips and the ones that I keep following day to day in my faith walk.

As it were, my Priest suffered and died for me and currently pleads for me and presents offerings on my behalf before His Father. He loves me. He that was, even though without sin experienced its effects and took my place. That same Priest now is! That's the no-guilt no-condemnation confidence that I should have in Him. The confidence in knowing that He faced the test and remained Holy and is now in heaven. So, now I can approach His throne and receive His mercy to pardon all my sins because I am guilty and His grace to purify my soul because I can't do this alone.

So then, since it is mercy and grace that I need most, I can come to Him boldly and with confidence that I will receive that which I need. My daily walk of faith brings me ever closer. I pray because I can. I pray because I should. I pray because I believe. He is my High Priest and He understands me better than I understand myself. He delights in me. He desires to have a conversation with me not just when my needs are the greatest, but every day. Each day. All day. We talk. He listens. He tells me I am His treasured possession. Here I am Lord. What is it that You think I need to know. What is it that You would have me do today? Your favorite daughter is listening.


 Image may contain: cloud and sky, text that says 'GRACE MERCY'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree