Are you ready?

'He asked them, “But who do you say I am?”

Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, whom God has sent.” Luke 9:20 (GW)


I have heard it said to me once that, 'Not everyone thinks the same way you do'. 'Not everyone sees things the same way that you do'. 'Not everyone believes the same things that you do'. Not everyone. But a lot of someones. Are you ready? Jesus has said, You have seen me and you have seen the Father. What say you? Who do you say that I am?

The world sees Him one way, but to His own followers, they had their moments, but when He pressed them on it, they had to admit that He was God sent! Peter spoke for the rest, 'You are the Messiah!' 'You', the Master and leader of our very small group, 'are' because we see You and know You and say that you are, 'the' the One we have searched for and the One we have believed in, 'Messiah', the One, the Christ, the Son of the Living God, our Lord.

Based on what Jesus's own disciples could see and hear, they believed! Though many did not see Him for who He was and were leaving Him because of their doubt, His disciples remained true to Him until the end. It would take the resurrection to bring them back to Him after the trials that the cross put them through. He lives.

We are facing the cross of Easter yet once again. We survived another winter and thankfully, every year spring returns. It shows up to remind us of something or someone... even as it brings our attention back to new life. It also brings our thoughts to the needs of the physical world around us and to the things of the spiritual world above as well. As we are planting our flowers and gardens, we might even be so bold and ask one another where we are at spiritually? Do you know Him? Can you say 'I believe'? Are you ready?

To those that think differently, what facts about the Truth have you failed to uncover? They are there in His Word for you to discover. To those that see things differently, what part of His Word have you refused to read? The seeing is there for you if you will open your eyes.To those that do not believe, what part of His Message do you not understand? He died for you! To believe in Him you must first see that He lives and that He is Love and that His message is a true Gospel of peace.

To say that I believe and to mean it then, looks an awful lot like surrender. I do surrender my life to You, Lord because I believe what You have said to me. All of it! I let go of what has held me back and I press forward. I lay all of my pain and my questions and my doubts at Your feet. Take control of my life. That's what it means to let go. I am free from the burdens of sin. Even now, as I prepare to face You at the cross, even after 20 years, going through the same scene over and over again i still believe. I put you there then. I have not failed You now. And one fine day, I will leave this place where I call home for the last time and I will cross over to the other side. No fear. No regrets. All my debts are paid. Oh glorious day! I love my life, but that's all that really matters. I am ready to meet You Lord.

 Image may contain: 1 person, text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree