Be Supportive

'Be subject to one another out of reverence for Christ.' Ephesians 5:21 (RSV)

Paul says I am to submit. I am to be subject to and not condescending. I am to show my Christian brothers and sisters mutual respect.  We are all to recognize each others rights and it is my obligation to serve out of love and fearful respect for God.

Reverence? My how that goes against what the world teaches. Where has a healthy dose of fear of the Lord gone? God is Holy. My will must not be surrendered to any person other than the Holy Spirit. The Spirit makes it possible for me to submit to another in humility according to God's Will. Often what I want to do for God goes against what my flesh demands. So I must become that living and holy sacrifice, the kind that He will find acceptable, and that I read about in His Word of Truth. It's God's Will and not my own.

Following His Will is not a sign of weakness. No. Following His Will is a sign of wisdom. The wise do walk together with one another in harmony out of an increase of free will and love in order to bring about the best that this world has to give. Understanding God's Will leads us to live every day well and is the beginning of wisdom.

When we learn to trust Him and live according to His Will and find our being through Him we begin to allow Him to fill us daily with the power of the Holy Spirit. Nature freely yielding her increase. That is the Spirit-filled life in which we ought to live in community and how we are to live in relationship with one another at home. Be supportive. Bear one another's burdens in love. That's the kind of life which brings Glory to God.

Dear Father. Help us to bear one another's burdens in love according to Your Will to bring You Glory. In Jesus's name. Amen.

Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; google. com.

Image result for ephesians 5:21 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree