The Bride is Ready

Then the Lord answered me and said,
    Write a vision, and make it plain upon a tablet
        so that a runner can read it.
 

There is still a vision for the appointed time;
     it testifies to the end;
         it does not deceive.


If it delays, wait for it;
      for it is surely coming;
          it will not be late.'
               Habakkuk 2:2-3 (CEB)

The waiting game. When I am waiting on God, I am reminded of men who have waited for their visions to come to pass. Noah waited for 120 years for rain. Abraham waited for 25 years for a son. Jacob waited for 20 years while he worked off his debts. Joseph waited for 13 years while he was in prison. Moses waited for 40 years while wandering in the wilderness. David waited for 12 years to become king. Jesus waited for 30 years for His appointed time. How long have you been waiting? I can say I've waited to see visions become reality for twenty years! He is coming again soon.

If not now, then when? Waiting is the hardest thing. It requires patience. There always seems to be something lacking. Who knows when? There is always that feeling of doubt. What if never? Why not now? I need to know when! Even though I might not know when, I am told to write down my vision and to start running. It has it's appointed time. It remains a positive witness of truth to the end. If it delays, I am to wait and know that it is coming and that it will not be late. 

When I am able to endure the wait, though, there is always so much more to be gained. Just seeing the vision encourages me. It's mine and I couldn't be more excited. I am so proud and as I wait I am getting things ready. I am getting myself ready. I pray. Like a bride waiting for the groom, I wait. He could be here tomorrow. I need to be ready, there is so much to do. When He comes, He will find me praying and waiting.

The waiting is definitely worth it. Every minute. Every hour. Every day. While I wait, my God waits with me. While I wait, I am figuring out how to be in perfect step with Him and on His perfect time. He is preparing me. My faith in Him grows while I wait and I know He wants the best for me. While I wait, he sends friends to help and to encourage me. He renews my strength daily and so much more. Visions of Eagles and soaring higher come to mind. Who would want to miss that? Not me. I want to be like that. When I am playing the waiting game, to see myself running after the thing brings me hope. He provides that hope and enough faith to walk during the hot days toward the vision He has given me and not faint. God-fearing and soul full! Eyes and ears open. Ready and waiting. Steady and true. He is coming again soon. The bride is ready.

 Image may contain: one or more people and wedding

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree