Glorious Golden Grain Harvest

'May we never tire of doing what is good and right before our Lord because in His season we shall bring in a great harvest if we can just persist.' Galatians 6:9 (VOICE)

What is my excuse? Why do I tire of doing good? I don't like to talk to strangers. I might offend someone. I don't have the time. Let's face it, we all come short when it comes to our responsibilities as Christians to the command of benevolence.

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses.

When I am tempted to place the needs of the Kingdom on the backs of others more qualified, I am convicted. If I see a need, but don't feel qualified, doesn't that make God out to be a liar? God knows my qualifications and my heart. He will not be deceived. He has given me the Holy Spirit and a measure of faith to use that power. When it comes to qualifications, we all have at least one, and some have them all. I am qualified. I am able. If I just believe.

When I am tempted to say that I don't have the time, when it comes to time, aren't we are all given the same measure? Some use their time wisely and get so much done. I should see them as a mentor and a gift and follow their example.

When I am tempted to say that I don't feel comfortable speaking to strangers, when it comes to speaking to strangers, weren't we all strangers to one another at one time? How hard is it to smile and say hello? Introductions lead to conversations. Conversations lead to so many friendships and unlimited possibilities.
 
When Paul says 'may we never', he actually means it. This is the time to sow the seeds. The world is hurting. Many are lost and can't find their way. I can't miss this life or death opportunity, for if I do, I miss what is most important, the spiritual reaping and the promises He gives me of life everlasting.

Persevering during the good works part of my Christian love journey brings promises of rewards. What an encouraging word to continue to do good and make it my life's mission to be about the Lord's work.

Don't miss the season. The fields are ready for the farmers! Those farmers that are prepared, have worked all summer on equipment maintenance and are ready for the fields. The farmers are ready to go. Go, fill the hoppers with the glorious golden grain harvest! Bring them in! Bring in the harvest, both in the spiritual and in the natural. I love harvest time. Through the sowing and the reaping of the seed God's Glory is revealed in the Son of Man!

 Image may contain: grass, tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree