God's Strategic Plans

'My plans aren’t your plans, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.

Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my plans than your plans.

Just as the rain and the snow come down from the sky and don’t return there without watering the earth, making it conceive and yield plants and providing seed to the sower and food to the eater, so is my word that comes from my mouth; it does not return to me empty. Instead, it does what I want, and accomplishes what I intend.' Isaiah 55:8-11 (CEB)

With just a mere thought and Word God plans and perfects His thoughts into actions without effort, toil or limits. God always accomplishes what He sets out to do. I was made in His image yet I cannot begin to know Him in every aspect of His fullness of being, yet even with my own limitations, I can know Him in so many ways. My plans made with lack of fullness of knowledge, often fail but not without much pain and effort on my part, knowing this, yet I still plan. I plan my garden. I have enough of Your ways in me to see the potential in the seeds. I plant the seed and I water and feed it as it grows and I enjoy its beauty for a season. I find You in my plans that yield much fruit.

You must be about Your business, and I can understand that. You will not alter Your plans to accommodate me. For how could You? You have an entire world to save. Just as you took Esther, an orphan girl, and saved a nation. I am totally in awe of You. Your ways are higher and seem to be the antithesis of my natural inclinations. Even when it looks like the world is spinning out of control, I see You shining in the darkness and bringing peace and order to the chaos. There goes grace. There goes your Word saving another one! Teach me Your ways. I want to understand You more. I want to know Your strategy. The sooner my plans fall in with Your plans the better. I must continue to be about Your business. Your will not mine. Your thoughts not mine. Your ways not mine. Harmony. For in this I know, that my heart and my mind belong to You. No divisions. No rebellion. No resistance. No willful sin. I am sticking by You and I am devoted to You. My life really is in You, Lord. There lies my strength. There lies my hope. Teach me Your ways so that I might become more like You.

Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree