He Even Knows My Name

'Now this is what the Lord says. He created you, people of Jacob; he formed you, people of Israel.

He says, “Don’t be afraid, because I have saved you. I have called you by name, and you are mine.' Isaiah 43:1 (NCV)

Now, what am I to make of this? God knows my name! Isn't that something? God says, 'I am the one that created you'. God says, 'I am the one that formed your nation'. God says, 'Don't be afraid'. God says, 'I saved you'. God calls me by my name and tells me that 'you are mine'. If that doesn't get my attention nothing will. How can I not be moved by a God that gets personal like that? One that gets to know me on a first name basis. One that is always with me. You have loved me well and I will praise You.

He knows me. He knows my name. Even the correct spelling. Thankfully, my own parents gave me a powerful name, and spelled it using traditions, with no extra 'e' or 'o' or 'h' at the end. Isn't it amusing to discover through the genealogical records that even in the original documents like birth, marriage and death certificates that some peoples names are misspelled? So it seems, that they lived their life and all that is left for the record is a few dates, a couple of stories and a misspelled name on the page. Misspelled, perhaps because of a lack of education, and even today how some parents seem to be purposefully messing with the traditions. Names are important. Names have meaning. There is power in a name. Will the world remember mine? How will the world remember me? Though the world systems often gets my name wrong, God never does.

When I study the family records it is to read about history and the traditions. Names come up all the time. When I study the Bible it is to read more about God. I want to know more about His promises and traditions. When I study history and read the Biblical stories I want to do more than just read about the God of the Bible. I want to get to know Him. I want to know You, God, on a personal level. I want to call You by name. I want to be known as a person that knows You.

You are not too busy to spend a day with me. I can hear Your voice as You call me precious. You find me delightful. You show yourself to me through the blood of Your Redeemer. You are my Protector and my Deliverer. You adopted me into the family and now I am Yours and You are my Heavenly Father. For the record, You wrote my name in the Lamb's Book of Life for eternity. I am not just one of the blind and deaf homeless beings passing through this life any longer. No. You changed all that. You opened my eyes and ears. You set me free. You gave me a purpose and a destiny. You called me by my name. I can't seem to take my eyes off of You.

 Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree