It is For Freedom That Christ Set Us Free

'Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.' Colossians 3:12-13 (NKJV)

I know Your plans for me God are for peace and not for evil. With that said, forgiving the past and the people who hurt me is not an easy thing to do. How can I find the best path to accomplish this? What will I lose? What will I gain? Teach me Your ways Lord.

In Your perfect way, You always point out the obvious to me in love. How can I deny that it was Your love that brought me to the place of forgiveness? When I was saved, I had to admit to myself that I was a sinner in need of a savior, and You placed me under the power of the blood and made me whole. You forgave me and now I am to do the same to others.

Lord, Your sacrifice was horrific and painful. You suffered and died. Your pain was real. My pain is real. Forgiving the one who hurt me is one of the hardest things I have been called to do. But you say to forgive, anyway. Forgive, because living with the pain of bitterness and unforgiveness can be the poison that could destroy me. Forgiveness is a journey and a process, and I start today, by forgiving myself for getting into the situation that caused the pain in the first place. How dumb. Now look at me, reacting to my thoughts and feelings. I know my thoughts and feelings change. I pray for freedom from these chains. Heal me Lord Jesus. Help me in my weakness to move on. Just like a flood, when I pray, You always rush in to rescue me and set me free!

I am called to forgive and to love, that's all, and that's everything, and that does not mean that I am saying what they did to me was OK, it simply means that I am releasing them to You and letting go of any hold the memory might have over me. Healing is real and it is available for me. I am to put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, and longsuffering. These things require strength on my part. When I am weak, I can pray for the Holy Spirit to help me to forget and to give me the strength to bear other's weaknesses. I am to be aware that everyone is struggling with their own burdens. When I am directed to consider others, then is when the healing begins. When He helps me forget, then I can accept what happened to me, forgive the offender and move on. That's You, Lord, living in me! It is for freedom that You set me free. That's an amazing place to be. Free from the chains of sin and death. Free from the painful memories of my past. Free to forgive and to move on. God has given me a spirit not of fear but of power and love and the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me. I am free indeed!

 Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree