Opportunity Just Ahead

'See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.' Ephesians 5:15-17 (NKJV)
 
The point is that I am running out of time. This point in time is the proper time to get moving. Get moving because the days are evil. I am so deep into it that I don't even notice it has consumed me. I have become a slave to my culture. I am living like a queen and have made it in the material world. My opportunities to do good seem to be under attach and even go unnoticed. For I am too busy and my mind is set on yet another unlimited task. When I look around me all I see are evil times, evil thoughts, impure motives, greed, idolatry, every disgusting thing is being manifested during times like these. Sin-natures are set on the auto-pilot mode and the windows of opportunity are getting smaller. Yet, even now, there is hope. I can know the redeemer. He can rescue me and equip me for such a time as this. He can give me the resources I need to redeem these precious opportunities and to rescue them from the bonds of slavery that these evil days intend.

There is hope. There is the One that we call the Redeemer. With Jesus, I know that nothing can steal away my time. Evil days are limited and don't have a chance around the light of the redeemer. He bought me so that I could buy back for Him so many lost opportunities.

Mornings are new beginnings when I start my days early with more time with God. More time for devotionals and prayer and Bible reading as my normal 6:30 alarm was redeemed by Holy Spirit internal 4:00 alarm. The world view would resent it, and maybe even try to medicate it, but I find when I buy back the time I would normally spend sleeping, when the Holy Spirit is in it, it turns resentment into joy. I love waking up to find Him waiting for me.

Attacks on family time are redeemed as I long for and look forward to more texts, phone calls, FaceTime, birthday celebrations, showers, family vacations, holidays and future events. Knowing that the world places less emphasis on the family makes me even more determined to redeem that precious family time. When I buy back the family time from time I would normally be pursuing something else, I find there is less guilt and thoughts of inadequacy because the amount of time spent with family seems to be just right.

More demands by the taskmaster on myself makes me more determined than ever to redeem my personal time. How can I be sure that I will be here as long as the Lord needs me if I can't even take care of the person that He gave His life for? My personal time, how precious. I redeem the time from the greed and idol pushers on TV by developing my musical talents and by spending more time enjoying my hobbies. No chains from legalism and no more self-help club membership dues when I redeem personal time for right reasons.

Time is short and because the days are evil I will redeem the time by yielding my earthly duties to heavenly ones when the opportunity arises. The Bible encourages me to walk wisely. Excellence and wisdom are two ways to buy back from slavery my just getting by attitude. No more foolish thoughts, words or deeds. My days are numbered yet there is so much work to do for the kingdom. By fulfilling the duties of my calling and doing it well, I am redeeming the time and using every moment of opportunity to do something good, for the days are evil and opportunities are just ahead.

 Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree