Flooded With Justice

'Away with your noisy hymns of praise!

I will not listen to the music of your harps.

Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice,

an endless river of righteous living.' Amos 5:23-24 (NLT)

When my songs of praise are not given in love, they become like a heavy weight and burden to God, so much so that He will refuse to listen to them. These are the typical songs of men, meant to please the flesh and to tickle the ear. These are the noisy songs of men, meant to be awe inspiring and presented flawlessly and in perfect tone and meter, yet lacking in humility and Holy Spirit power. These songs might not reach the throne room of heaven, but might be reaching just the audience I worked so hard to please. Let not my songs be like that. Prepared for the audience of many. Instead, let me work hard to perfect and sing my songs to an audience of One. Let me come to Him with the right heart to offer Him my songs of praise and spiritual songs.

Let me raise my voice with harmonies of love. Could my harmonies ever reach that level of love for one another that He demands without God? Nothing but His love could ever change my rebellious spirit or lift me off the path that leads to destruction. His justice came pouring in like a flood, convicting me of my sins and with grace His redeemer pulled me up out of the waters and He saved me. So, let that image sink in. Now, nothing can separate me from that love. So, with that thought in mind, let me set aside for the moment, my harp and instruments of praise and let me seek Him where He may be found. Let me sing with the Spirit, anointed melodies of love and with the understanding that He is a God of justice.

God is a God of justice. His justice to the wicked will be swift and complete. He doesn't watch what I do alone, but looks to the heart. My prayers, my praise and my songs must be given to Him with the full knowledge of who He is and what He expects from me. He gave me His Word that I might find Him and be saved from His wrath and judgment. He gave me His law as my guide and He expects me to know it and to live rightly by it. I should be about His business. I should be looking for ways to serve Him by serving others through the love of Christ. Christ is my Lord and my guide. When I please Him, He hears me. He died for me and now He wants to see evil all swept up in the mighty flood of justice resulting in an endless river of right living. And I raise my voice in song of praise to thank You for the blood, that, like water, washes away all of my sin, and for the Holy Spirit that, like rivers of living waters, supplies all of my needs.

 Image may contain: sky, outdoor, nature, text and water

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree