Actively Listening For the Cues

'Listen to advice and accept correction, and in the end you will be wise. People can make all kinds of plans, but only the Lord’s plan will happen.' Proverbs 19:20-21(NCV)

In the Kingdom of God, isn't it unwise to say 'who is above me'? The Lord is over us all. Who can do anything without God's approval? No one Lord. With humble hearts and with His advice we figure it all out and worship Him for who He is, our glorious Sovereign God.

What could be more important than to obey God and try to please Him? When we know Him, then begins our life of wisdom and correction and our plans begin to line up with His. The evil that men do in their rage against their own souls is still all used by Him to bring forth praise and the rest that remains He restrains.

For those to whom He counsels He also protects and saves. For those to whom He counsels He also directs their steps even to a far greater end. For those to whom He counsels He also listens, so take heart that He hears our prayers and will respond in same manner. Nothing is too hard for the Lord if we would just believe.

Will I listen and accept His plans today? Will I believe or will my hunger for other things lead me to reject Him yet again? What would He have me do? He stands ready to counsel me in my wanderings and in my repentance. Humbly, in the end, I choose You. I desire your will. My heart is aligned with Yours. I lean in to hear every word. I actively look and listen for all of Your cues. I accept your advice and correction. I choose life in abundance and full of Your blessings. My life is in You and I worship You for who You are, my glorious hope. You are my glorious Sovereign God. You are worthy my Lord. Receive the glory, the glory belongs to You.

 Image may contain: text and outdoor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree