Staying Grounded in God's Word

'Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”' Joshua 1:7-9 (NKJV)

After the death of Moses, God established Joshua as leader of His people and directed him to take them into the promised land. God established His Law to be the rule of His free-will people. Joshua was told to never turn away from the law and to make himself very familiar with its teachings and even more importantly, to do what was written in it.

Even now, I have God's Book of the Law, the Bible, as ground rules to live by. I have the promise that if I live my life according to what the Bible teaches that I will prosper wherever I go. When I follow Biblical principles I will have a successful life. When I meditate on the Word, then I will make my way prosperous. I make my way prosperous. How? Read, meditate day and night, do what it says.

How encouraging it is to know all the promises God has given to me and even to know the presence of God and to receive His favor. How encouraging it is to know that even though I may be weak in the moment, that He promises to make me strong in the battle as He is stronger. Even though I lack courage now, He takes away all my doubts and fears because He is fearless. Even though I may get discouraged at my lack of abilities, He gives me hope to carry on because He is able.

When God commands me to obey Him, He calls me to fulfill my destiny and He commissions me with the abilities and gives me everything I need to get the job done. The more I read the Word of God, the more I know about Him. He never changes. His Word gives me hope that He will never leave me. He is with me everywhere I go.

His will. His way. His Word. In my heart. By my side. Staying grounded. Always.

 Image may contain: outdoor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree