Proclaim the Victory.

'Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands.”1 Samuel 17:45-47 (NKJV)

When the giants I face seems bigger than me I would be wise to consider David, when he was yet a small shepherd boy. This story, of how he proclaimed to be a representative of One who was greater even though he was facing what appeared to be a well equipped and larger than life enemy, gives me hope.

During this short battle, David was able to disregard the facts that were presented before him and reached for the five stones. Goliath, the giant, was the enemy slowed down by his pride and his might. David, the teenager, was quick and equipped with his belief in God's power to save. With only one stone the arrow of faith hit the mark and the problem collapsed before him and died.

With his words of faith he used the name of the Lord and proclaimed the power of God to the problem. He knew how to be effective in the battle of spiritual warfare. The spiritual hosts of wickedness were defeated and the army of Israel declared the victory.

When I face my problems like David did with faith and not fear, and see them through the eyes of God and then pray the solutions I will see similar results. I will see my giants fall. Isn't it easier to cut off their heads when they are on the ground? The battle really does belong to the Lord. Holy Spirit, teach me how to pray the release of God's solutions instead of always living with fear and praying the problem.
Image may contain: one or more people, sky, cloud and text

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree