Acting Takes Action

'Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may be innocent and pure as God's perfect children, who live in a world of corrupt and sinful people. You must shine among them like stars lighting up the sky, as you offer them the message of life. If you do so, I shall have reason to be proud of you on the Day of Christ, because it will show that all my effort and work have not been wasted.' Philippians 2:14-16 (GNT)

When might acting lessons be needed? Perhaps they would be needed when I am called to do everything without complaining and it is my nature to find fault. Wouldn't an acting lesson in human nature help me to see how I might be able to change and thus prepare me to be able to control that inclination? Christ is my Master teacher when it comes to learning how to deal with my own humanity.

When might acting lessons give me strength to be the person that I want to be? Perhaps they would be needed when I am called to do everything without arguing and it is my nature to disagree. Wouldn't a few hours with a pro counselor help me to see how I might be able to change and thus control that negative disposition? Christ is my Faithful Counselor when it comes to learning how to deal with my negative emotions.

When might acting lessons give me the confidence I need to take my place on the stage of life and take a stand for what I believe in? Perhaps they would be necessary when I am called to live in a world of corruption and sin yet live as an innocent and pure child. Wouldn't a wise sage be able to show me how those that live their lives on the stage can do so and be so convincing? Christ is my example and prayerful redeemer when it comes to learning how to take a stand for what I believe in and how to live as I ought to.

When might acting lessons give me the boldness and strength that I need in this hour of darkness? Perhaps they would be helpful when I am called to burn bright enough to light up the sky with the message of life! Wouldn't an actor be able to motivate me enough that I would be ready to take action and to find my voice, given, that there is a good path and a plan laid out for me to follow and that there are guided steps and scenes that I am to take part in? I will do my part, even though I prefer meekness, considering that God has given me the message of life and a reason to make Him proud on the Day of Christ and that the Spirit is ready and willing to show me the Way. I know where my strength lies. It lies in Christ alone. Christ is my virtuous light in the darkness and my Glorious Message of Hope..

What have I got to fear? What have I got to lose? Fear is controllable. Loss is inevitable. There truly is so much more to faith and so much more to gain than just working behind the scenes! I am encouraged to take that leap of faith that will lead to my action. Inabilities are yielding to abilities. Knocking knees are yielding to locked knees. Sweaty palms are yielding to one more tall and secure lighthouse, taking its stand against the night! Guide on oh Holy Spirit! I want more of You and less of me! There is too much to lose to turn back now. Anoint me and use me. Shine through me as only You can! Christ is my Savior.
 
 
 
Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree