Mercy Prevails

'For judgment will be without mercy to anyone who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.' James 2:13 (NRSV)

As in the Law of Reflection, we reflect what we are and we become what we see. Try this. Look in a mirror and smile, see how you look and how that will change your entire countenance. Take that smile out into your world and see how many smiles you get back. The opposite is also true if you take the frown with you, it will bring you similar but negative results.

So it goes with laws. When you establish one, it sets a precedent and that forces compliance and then judgment for those who fail to measure up to the standard soon follows. 

Standards were set in Moses day and people soon realized that none could ever measure up to them. Then Christ came and did just that. He never sinned so that He could live His life as our example. He showed mercy to everyone that He met. He came to set the captive free. I could be like that. I could speak up more for the poor and the weak among us. 

So if the principle that Jesus set for me here is true, then, show mercy. When I open up my hands to those less fortunate I will find that this type of generosity will come back to me. When I open up my heart, to those in need of love I will soon find that this type of caring will be given back to me and even more generously. When I become what I reflect, then I live my life more fully and live a life of purpose and generosity just like Christ did.

If I need more finances, then I might give Christ my first 10% and be more generous with the rest. Take the life of the widow in the temple that gave an offering of two mites! She was generous. She gave everything she had and Christ commended her for it! If I need food or clothing, then I might try giving those things away. If I need my health to be restored, then I might give myself away and deny the flesh and seek my healing through the spiritual path of the Great Physician.

Why wouldn't I stop and listen to the one that has a need and show him mercy, just as the Good Samaritan did to the poor traveler he met on the road? Christ is like the Good Samaritan to me. I should reflect His character and be like Him and follow His example whenever I can. He is my guide in life and will be my judge in death. In death, the wicked will have mo mercy and many tears will fall. With death, justice will demand that the sinner that I am be condemned, but for me, a believer, Mercy will plead on my behalf that I may be saved and Mercy will prevail! Hallelujah! Hail to the King of Mercy! That is why mercy triumphs over judgment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree