Listening in the Age of Distractions



'Post this at all the intersections, dear friends: Lead with your ears, follow up with your tongue, and let anger straggle along in the rear. God’s righteousness doesn’t grow from human anger. So throw all spoiled virtue and cancerous evil in the garbage. In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden of your life.' James 1:19-21 (MSG)

Listening is a lost art. Sadly, practically no one does enough of it anymore. I would if I knew that it just might be the most important thing I could give you. I will give you the gift of my attention in this sacred space and time. Fill me with your presence.

Attention turns into a thing of beauty. Why not be beautiful? Beautiful like a garden. Nothing is better for the body than silence. Be silent to hear. Listen to learn. Listen first. Open your ears. Pay attention. Make it a priority. Be attentive and receptive. Listen, for wisdom is crying out. Teach me. Listen to wisdom and do your best to understand. Analyze it all. Every detail. Get all the facts before you reach your conclusions. It is an act of love, to put your interests ahead of my own. Be humble. It is only through the grace of God that I am learning to listen.

Tell me your story. I am here. I am ready. I am listening.
 
Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree