Look Away From Myself

'looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising shame, and hath sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.' Hebrews 12:2 (ASV)

My faith. Looking to Him as the one who in the beginning wrote about it and then later worked with me in order to strengthen it I realize that my faith is in Him. Jesus is to be my perfect faith example. He had faith in God and His mission and He kept His focus on heaven and He tried to take as many people there as He possibly could. Nothing that I could ever go through could compare to what He had to endure for me. He succeeded. He never failed. I should not complain about my circumstances when I look to what He did for me.

My lack of faith. Looking to Him for everything I realize that my lack of faith in a situation will not destroy me because my faith is not in my faith, it is tied to His Grace and He supplies me with all the power that I need. He is my lifeline. I am truly nothing without Him. I have nothing except that which He has provided. He provides it all; my righteousness is in Him, my hope is in Him, my life is in Him.

I must follow Him for He is the Captain. He set the example. He is the General in the Lord's army of faith. My faith is nothing without Him. He leads the way. He fights every battle. He finished the task that God set before Him. He completed what He set out to do and has received His reward. Because of Him, His joy in heaven is my future joy. That future joy is why I should think then, more of the One to whom I am looking, than to the looking. Look away for my own looking and from myself, to see only Jesus, nothing but Jesus and the Grace that God has provided me through Him!
 
 Image may contain: ocean, outdoor, water and text
 

Comments

  1. Hello Debra. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. i am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blssed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with the you as well as know you and about your interest in Jesus. I have enjoyed your blog post and I am also encouraged to know how you are sensitive to the prompting of Holy Spirit to get up at 4 every morning and spend time in Prayer and writing your own devotions. I am encouraged to follow what you are doing. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with agreat contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have your young grown up children to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pastor for reading and commenting on my blog post. What a blessing to hear from a brother that is doing the Lord's work in India! I would be honored as well to keep in touch with you! God is good and He is moving and He supplies all of our needs. I have been a believer for 43 years, and have had a desire to know God since I was 4 years old! Last year I made a commitment to myself to spend more time praying and to try to go deeper in my faith and Holy Spirit prompted me to meet Him every morning! That has really made a difference in my life! He wakes me up with a Word or a phrase! I love that. We have had some amazing times together! Mine is mostly a ministry of music and prayer. God is good! This year has been an amazing year of miracles and supernatural happenings in my life! I appreciate your invitation to come to your city! Wow! That seems so far away, but with the Lord, He can make all things happen. We shall see! Stay blessed and I will send you an email shortly. Thanks again for your lovely comments. I will be praying for your ministry. Please include me in your prayers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree