Childlike Faith

'He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.' Matthew 18:2-5 (NIV)

As I was reminded last week about the joys of caring for a newborn it made me meditate on my faith. While I was meditating I thought of ways I could focus more on his care. Feeding him whenever he is hungry so he will grow. Changing the atmosphere when he is ready. Talking and reading words of encouragement to him so he will learn. Giving him the rest he deserves. Respecting him. Loving him. If only I could learn to treat my faith like a little child he might serve me better. Just like a little baby, my faith is so fragile and needs me to keep him safe from neglect and harm and to help him to grow. Kingdom access comes from growing and developing the little Faith that God has given me and trusted me with his care.

Lord, help me to change and become like they are. Childlike faith. So that I might see You better


 Image may contain: 1 person, closeup and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree