Stronger Relationship, Go Out a Little Deeper

'From the very first day, we were there, taking it all in—we heard it with our own ears, saw it with our own eyes, verified it with our own hands. The Word of Life appeared right before our eyes; we saw it happen! And now we’re telling you in most sober prose that what we witnessed was, incredibly, this: The infinite Life of God himself took shape before us.

We saw it, we heard it, and now we’re telling you so you can experience it along with us, this experience of communion with the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. Our motive for writing is simply this: We want you to enjoy this, too. Your joy will double our joy!' 1 John 1:1-4 (MSG)

This week is the week we all give thanks. So I get out my turkey decorations and spend big bucks on a meal to make everything perfect and try to find Him in it. He was the reason for the original Thanksgiving. The Pilgrims and the Indians gathering to thank God for their first successful harvest. If I was truly looking to find Him, I might start there. I might start trying to strengthen my relationship with Him by thanking Him for all the incredibly Good things He has done for me.

Soon we will all decorate our Christmas trees. So I will get out my bulbs and lights of love to decorate and the Santa Claus suit to try to make everything perfect and try to find Him in it. He was the reason for the original Christmas. It was a birthday celebration. The baby Jesus, that was born in a stable, as God's gift to us, the Savior of the World. If I was truly looking to find Him, I might start there. I might go out a little deeper. Somehow, the whole Christmas experience just doesn't express how 'the Word of Life appeared right before our eyes'! I might decide to get to know Him a little better, to get to know Him as John knew Him. Face to face.

I might find God in the things that I use to create beauty around me during the seasons, but if I need more than things, then I might have to change my image of Him. He cannot be found in my neat little marketplace boxes. He desires that I enjoy the beautiful things around me and He desires me. His love for me is complete.

John shows me a way to build a stronger relationship with God. He describes to me how he was a first hand witness to Jesus. He was there from the first day of His ministry. He heard it all. He seen it all. He even felt the nail scars in His hands. Those that experience the true Eternal Life Giver and have a relationship with the infinite Life of God can't help but want to tell others about it. Joy so complete, motive pure, as he states to me 'we want you to enjoy this, too'! Through the eyes of John, I too, can seek and enjoy the company of God.

 Image may contain: ocean and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree