I've Really Missed You

'The Lord God called to the man and asked him, “Where are you?”' Genesis 3:9 (GW)

Where are you? His voice, calling out like thunder. Me, the coward, hiding and taking on the role of the defeated transgressor. Like the child, hiding from her parent, guilty and caught in the very act. Fearful, alone, ashamed and afraid. God knows me, yet He still desires my communion.

The Perfect Judge, He pursues me and asks me again, what have you done? Let me lay out my case. Here I am, in the beautiful garden that You have given me to tend. It is Yours. Oh, but for just a taste, I was so willing to disobey. But it wasn't my fault. Look at what this one and that one have done, how can I possibly be held to account for my mistaking that which is to come for that which was? 

Now I see, that thing that You gave me more clearly. The thing that You gave me, truly was a thing of great beauty and of most importance, for that thing was You. Your presence, in the garden, for always. I threw it all away, for just a taste. That taste which was satisfying for the moment and has brought upon us all the toil of man and the travail through birth of the women. Blame the pain where it is due. Thank you Adam. Thank you Eve. 

Thank You Jesus. You did not abandon me. Even when I tried to hide my sin from you, You never gave up on me. You sought me out during my hiding from You days. I confessed and You were so quick to punish and set me back on the righteousness track. Here I am Lord. It's me and I am ready to go back to playing at Your feet again. I've missed You.

 No automatic alt text available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree