Standing in the Gap For a Friend

'Now my beloved ones, I have saved these most important truths for last: Be supernaturally infused with strength through your life-union with the Lord Jesus. Stand victorious with the force of his explosive power flowing in and through you.

Put on God’s complete set of armor provided for us, so that you will be protected as you fight against the evil strategies of the accuser! Your hand-to-hand combat is not with human beings, but with the highest principalities and authorities operating in rebellion under the heavenly realms. For they are a powerful class of demon-gods and evil spirits that hold this dark world in bondage.' Ephesians 6:10-12 (TPT)

Last night I did something I have never done before. I went forward at church and stood in a line that was full of sick people asking for prayer for their healing. I was the only one in that line that was not sick. I was there because a friend asked me to put myself in that line and to stand in the gap for her. She lives a few hours drives away and because of work could not make the trip. Seems her cancer has returned, and she is getting ready to start another round of chemo treatment. I agreed.

You see, this friend of mine goes way back. I believe that her invitation to attend a meeting with her and her guitar playing husband is where I first heard about my need for a savior. Even though I attended church regularly, there was something that I had been missing until this friend invited me, forty years ago, to attend a church service that changed my life. Hearing and responding to the plan of salvation will do that to you. I heard that message preached a few more times and within weeks my mother and I went forward to pray that eternal life changing prayer and were baptized into the family of faith. Her invitation to the meeting is where I meet Jesus and He saved my life. You have got to love a friend like that.

I love her and I believe in Jesus and know Him to be in the life saving business. Last night I heard the message about how His love saved me, and while under the blood of my Savior I ventured forth when the invitation was given. The oil was applied and within an instant I could feel the heat from the point of contact and a tingling in my feet, they felt like wings, and soon I fell under the Holy Spirit's Anointing power. Joy and laughter filled my soul as I yielded to that mighty power. I kept seeing a light and as it got closer it got brighter. I could feel the healing power flowing through my body. After what felt like a brief moment, the Healer left me and then came the flood of tears.

Buckets of tears streamed down my face as I began to weep and sob as I believe I was being allowed to feel her pain. Waves of nauseousness swept over me. I began to feel so much heat! I kept praying through for her for what felt like an hour, until I felt the release. Getting up was such a struggle. All my energy was gone. I was tired. I was weak and exhausted and I was still sick! Flu like symptoms sick. My head was pounding, I felt weak enough to pass out, I couldn't think straight. All I could think about was how bad I felt and how much I wanted to get out of that place! I believe there was a huge spiritual battle going on, a travail, and I believe that she was healed.

She was healed in the name of Jesus. Oh the pain that those dealing with cancer and chemo treatments must endure. How do they do it? I felt so confused last night, I didn't know what was going on for awhile. A friend advised me that I had just taken on a bit of what my friend was going through and told me to keep claiming her healing. Which I have done. I believe she is healed. I believe I experienced a fight last night. A physical and spiritual battle was fought and I believe Kathy won. I would never wish cancer on anyone. I am thankful for the experience, to know is power!

The Holy Spirit fought a physical and spiritual battle last night for her. She won. When I got home, I took a shower and went straight to bed. Praying for her and for myself. Praying for the pain to go away in a feeling of desperation, the demons holding on long enough to make you doubt that you will ever feel better. When I woke up at 4 a.m. all symptoms were gone! Praise God. I believe that the demon of cancer is gone from her body in the name of Jesus! She is a Christian and sickness has no place in her body. I wish she could have been there, to see, to hear and to feel for herself the mighty healing that was taking place! God taking authority. How amazing our great God is! He loves us so much. He demonstrates that love for us every day. He demonstrated that love for all of us present during that healing service last night, by showing up and fighting another battle with the enemy over sickness. Life giving Word go forth!

Just like in the days of Elijah we know that travail brings birth. God speaks. Man hears. Faith is created. Man responds and prays the promise into being. When we are desperate, that is where our desperation takes us. On our knees, in a prayer line for the sick, looking for hope. On our knees expressing our urgent need, from our own hearts to His. His desire is for us to be well. By admitting our needs and with faith believing, He shows up, every time, to fight the battles that brings us through. Praising Him for the victory. Seasons are changing. We are winning.

 Image may contain: one or more people

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree