This I know, God is For Me

'Let your character [your moral essence, your inner nature] be free from the love of money [shun greed—be financially ethical], being content with what you have; for He has said, “I will never [under any circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], nor will I forsake or let you down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!” So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently say,

“The Lord is my Helper [in time of need], I will not be afraid. What will man do to me?” Hebrews 13:5-6 (AMP)


Don't I know it. Don't I know that this is true? Don't I know that I need to hear it again and again. God is for me. Christ will never relax His hold on me! He will never let go. He has me tightly in His grip. He gives to me, the believer, a word of encouragement to persevere in the faith and be free from the love of money. He encourages me to be content.

Adam, even though he was living in paradise and walked with God in the garden, even he was not content. Even some of the angels, though living in heaven, even then they were not content. But if I can catch hold of this God and have faith in Him alone I can be sure that He will never leave me. No matter what I am going through I can take comfort and find hope in Him. He will never let me down. He works out all things for my good.

For me, I can believe the promise that God will never abandon me. It has been confirmed to me in my hearing and in His doing. His Word has been tested. His Word is true. I can have the very presence of God with me. He is gracious to me in all things. He is my helper. He is here for me in life, in death and at all times. When I know He is here, then whom shall I fear? What a friend I have in Jesus. I am confident in Him. I will not be afraid.

 Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, text, water and nature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree