Love, That's Why I Pray

'And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.' John 17: 22-23 (KJV)

'As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.' John 15:9 (KJV)

'A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.' John 13:34 (KJV)


So as I pray and wait upon the Lord to be moved on my own behalf, why not pray for others as well? As I see it, Jesus is interceding to God for me and everyone else, as He is my most perfect example I should follow Him and intercede for everyone else too and thus fulfill His law.

How can love be a law? If it is a law then I should be doing it. Wait on God, and that burden alone builds something in me, let's call it two things, unselfishness and love.On my way to finding my healing it seems amazing to me that I have found the path to the highest blessing and the most complete spiritual communion with God. If my initial purpose was a selfish one and that was to know God more, the path to Him changed me to think less of my own wants, needs and desires and to want to see those things being met through God's power in others as well. That's why I pray.

What may have started out for me as a duty to fulfill the law has become something more- a duty of love. When I first saw it, that great thing called Love being poured out from Father to Son to me I did not want to break the flow of it. How better could I build on that bond of love any more than by taking that love gift He gave me and turn it into action by actively praying each and every day for you?

As I pray for you, I have come to know you better as a friend. As I know you better my love for you grows. As my love for you grows, the passion in my heart is expanded to the point where I am consumed by my love for you and my desire to pray for you more. To God be the Glory. I have no idea how He does this. Because of my relationship with Christ, I can even look at you and not know you and still love you.

It is so amazing to me to find myself surrounded by the Love of God. To see Him in me and how He takes the waiting times and turns them into my life astounds me. How can it be that my life is filled up with beautiful people that I love? Only by His Grace. Love is powerful. How can it be that I find myself doing the things that I desire to do while knowing that God is in the middle of everything, working out every detail according to His plan? Only because He loves me. Prayer is powerful.

I know this, His love never fails. He loves us and so I pray.

Image may contain: text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree