Hold Fast

'Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end,' Hebrews 3:12-14 (NASB)

Its purpose is to warn me that even those that fear God can fall away and by that can grieve Him. So therefore shouldn't I be called by Him in this day of Grace to encourage my brothers and sisters in the faith? What if through exhortation my words could soften even one heart? That would be a good day.

It is the unbelieving heart that falls away. When the heart gets hardened everyone is tempted to sin. What if I would be tempted to distrust God and thus to turn away from Him? Would there be even one person that would encourage me in the faith? Would there be even one person to challenge me to turn back to the living God? That would be a good friend.

To the one friend that encouraged me in the faith, I salute you. I owe you so much. I could listen to you speak for hours because I knew you. Your words were life to me. You asked me why I couldn't back up what I said I believed with more than words, but right words and actions as well. That cut to the heart. You told me to make my life be about something more important than sin. Was that Christ speaking through you? I know it was because no truer words were ever spoken.

Christ used you that day as you shared with me how I could turn from the fall and make my life be about living my faith. I wanted to do that very thing so badly but didn't know how to get out of the pit that I had created for myself. You reached out a hand to me and pulled me back from where I fell. So that saved me, again. So then, rather than just speaking about it, I could be doing something to improve myself and I did. I decided that very moment to turn away from my sin and turn back to living by faith for Him. Glory to God!

Living by faith is key. Our faith words are so important. We all need one another to live as if we believed in what we say. We all need to be one another's eyes and ears today and day after day. This road called life is rocky. Lest there be even one curb that we miss and trip over. No, through Christ, I will see it and warn you. This road to heaven is not easy. Lest there be even one syllable spoken in haste that reach unintended ears and makes us stumble. No, through Christ, I will shield you from it. I will pray for you. These are hold fast moments. Live by faith not by what we see or hear.

We cannot always believe what we see or hear. Fear is a liar. Sin deceives us. Sin traps us and makes way for another. Every bad act makes way for the habit. Be warned. Hold fast to Christ and the things that we believed in when we were first saved. That same power that saved us will see us through to the end. That perseverance in the faith to the end is the best evidence that we are sincere in our beliefs.
Image may contain: cloud, text and nature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree