Even Greater Things

'We kept at it, repairing and rebuilding the wall. The whole wall was soon joined together and halfway to its intended height because the people had a heart for the work.' Nehemiah 4:6 (MSG)

Through it all they found themselves. Through all of the hard work and the toil they found unity. Unity of purpose within and because they were united as a group throughout the entire project they found their heart. The benefits of sweat equity are immeasurable to keeping the vision alive. They secured the materials they needed and the people God called were ready. It was their time. They kept at it.

Each day presented new challenges for them. Each day they committed themselves to the task at hand with their coming in and going out. They prayed. Their hearts were one and they loved their work. They encouraged one another. They lifted one another up. The jabs and insults of their enemies only helped to strengthen their determination and their resolve. It really did become an us verses them situation.

So then, if God be for us who could be against us? Who indeed? Keep it coming brothers. Your bad attitude and negativism will not stop me. Your threats and lies will not deter me. With sword in the one hand and mortar trowel in the other I take my stand against you. Pass me another brick. I take my stand beside my brothers and sisters. I do my part to build the walls of my community because that is the right thing to do. I do it for love. I do it because I love my family and I love my country.

To the naysayers, your insults were just the fuel for the fire that I needed to give me the energy to continue on. I could see you. I could hear you. I knew you and I chose to ignore you. All you had to show for yourself was rubble and insults. Hand me another brick. Look at that! Look at what we have accomplished together. Good job. It's just another row of bricks on the wall.

Keep after it friends, we can't stop now. There is no good reason to think that we can't finish this thing right now. And when we do! Look out! There will be no end to it. There will be no stopping us then. Once we catch a glimpse of what we are capable of. Once we see for real who we really are. And rule the day when who we are now becomes who we are then.

Build that wall and watch what that does to us personally. Work through all of the problems, one by one, and watch how we grow and mature through the good times and bad. I won't shy away from the project because it looks too big. I won't tell myself that it can't be done. We're living proof of what faith and sacrifice will do. We've proved it to ourselves and our enemies that we have what it takes to do anything! I can't wait to see what God will have us do next. To God be the Glory! Even greater things will be done in His name!

No photo description available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree