Victory Songs

'For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory. Interlude
Psalm 32:7 (NLT)


You hide me in the days of my trouble. You free me from the guilt that brings on the sorrow and pain that I feel when I remember my sin. You protect me from the wrath to come and the consequences brought on by my rebellion against You. You saved me. You redeemed me. Then, You joined in with the heavenly choir! I could hear Your voice singing the song of victory over me. One more soul saved! Yeshua! One more child forgiven! Eloah Selichot! That was the day I will always remember. That was the song I will never forget! Selah!

I am forgiven and my heart fills with joy just know it. You are Greater than all of my troubles. In Your House, I can hardly contain it as I behold Your Glory and I notice everyone around me smiling and laughing and lifting up holy hands as well in the overflow of Your Great Love. We are one congregation united in purpose and offering up songs of praise and thanksgiving to You. Isn't that spiritual feeling uplifting and contagious? Isn't worship why we were created in the first place? 

Some days are like that. Some days, even after I leave the congregation the songs of praise do not stop there! I notice a song in the air sung by all of nature just for me. Birds chirping. Leaves rustling. Children laughing. Rain splashing. Car horn sounds honking. It's a joyful noise, a spiritual tune of praise. Don't fail to write down those lyrics that detail yet another great victory so that I might remember to thank you for all the great things that You have done.

As I listen more intently to the sounds around me for more inspiration, I can even hear the harmony as the great heavenly symphony begins to tune up. There's the harps! Oh how glorious. Don't you hear it too? That great spontaneous melody of praise as the words begin to flow and they all come directly from You. The anointing always overwhelms me and fills me with gladness that lasts for hours and even days!

Don't stop with that song, Lord. Not just that song, but many songs. Every day. Every morning a new song. For each day brings a new problem, and I find myself seeking my refuge in You. I find my own way through the valleys with songs of praise to You. You supply all the words. You supply all the answers and fight all my battles. I give You all the praise. I worship You with my mouth and my instrument. Your praise is always on my lips.

You found me through music and I really don't want the music and the songs to ever end. You say You inhabit the praises of Your people, so let my music stay fresh and anointed and my songs be ever changing as I sing of my love for You and offer up my praise of thanksgiving to You.

As I sing my songs of victory to You, sing Your songs of victory over me Lord, for all eternity! Amen.
                                       Image may contain: text, outdoor, water and nature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree